Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Here's To a Better August

If you've ever seen the movie "Where The Heart Is", or read the book, you know that the main character, Novalee, is superstitious about the number 5. Well folks, I am a bit superstitious about the month of August.

August 1995: My ex-husband filed for divorce.

August 1999: Due to some personal problems, I had to withdraw from BYU and quickly move off campus.

August of 2002: Wynter broke her femur either jumping or falling off of the top bunk of a bunk bed. She was 18 months old. I was 38 weeks pregnant with Hunter at the time.

August 2005: Due to unforseen circumstances, we had to move abruptly.

August 2008: I had a miscarriage.

August 2009: Mark got into some trouble (big trouble). My Dad committed suicide.

But, when I look on the "bright side", I can see that a lot of these bad things resulted in a wonderful blessing.

1. I no longer am married to someone who was not right for me and ended up with John, who is my soul mate.
2. In August of 2002, I gave birth to Hunter, who was my sweetest, easiest baby. Although it was a trial to have Wynter in a body cast AND a brand new baby, it was also a time that I learned a few lessons about what is really important in my life.
3. Although having a miscarriage was very sad and difficult, I now can show empathy to others who may go through the same thing and I ended up getting pregnant with Lincoln soon after and had a very easy, uncomplicated pregnancy.
4. Although the trouble Mark got into was not good, I think he learned a lesson or two, as did I.
5. My father's suicide will always haunt me. But I find comfort in the belief that I have that he is in a better place and he is no longer sick (mentally and physically).

With all that said, however, I really hope that August goes by without a hitch (other than the typical stress/difficulties that come with raising a family and such). I'm hoping my yard-sale nightmare will be over, along with a very de-cluttered home. School will be back in session 3 weeks from today. (Yeah and boo!) We'll get back into a routine. And best of all, Hunter will be turning 8 and will be baptized.

Here's to a better August!

1 comment:

  1. Oh hon, if anyone deserves a great August, it's you! I will be praying specifically that God will surprise you and bless you with more than you would ever expect this month.
    I hope you're off to a good start -- only 27 days to go!

    ReplyDelete