Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday January 27, 2010

My First Entry!

This is exciting and scary at the same time! What should I write? Well, thanks to my husband and children, I have plenty of material. But, for my first entry, I will tell a little about ourselves. My name is Cynthia and I am 36 years old. I am married to John, who is 35. We have 6 children. Our oldest is Mark. He is 15 and a sophmore in high school. He is very creative and artistic. Next is Savannah. She is 13 and in 7th grade. She loves to write stories and is a big help to me with my younger children. Then there is Wynter. She is 9 and in 3rd grade. She is very smart and athletic. Hunter is next. He is 7 and in 1st grade. He loves to write and tell stories. Then there's Micah. He is 5 and in preschool. He is Hunter's little shadow. He has a lot of energy and is either 100% on or asleep. Finally there is our youngest, Lincoln. He is 7 months old. He is a very happy baby. He lights up the room and our lives with his smile.

John and I met on a dating web site. Six weeks later we were married. Yes, that is very fast and I don't recommend it. But, when it's right, it's right! We are very much in love. We've had our ups and downs, but we are committed to each other and to our children. We still laugh together and have fun. We go on a date every week.

I am a stay-at-home mom. I am so lucky to be able to do this! My children are my priority and I am so thankful to my husband for being the provider so that I can be the nurturer. Somedays I consider working because I feel like I'm going crazy! But I know that would be a mistake. I don't want to miss anything and I know my kids need me right now.

I intend to use this blog to write about our life as a family and use it as a tool for myself, to help me see the humor and the good in my life. Sometimes it is very hard. But as I look for the humor and keep in mind the blessings in my life, things are much more bearable and yes, wonderfully wonderful! My motto is: Life is hard, but I can do hard things.
Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo! I look forward to visiting your blog often. I think you are hilarious and think it helps to share your thoughts to lighten our loads, help hands/heads that sometimes hang low, and cheer the hearts! Love ya!

    Boy, did John get himself the best companion ever!

    ReplyDelete