Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thank Heaven for Little (and not so little) Boys


Micah (5) and Hunter (7) are angels when they are alone. But, when they're together, they seem to have a hard time keeping out of trouble. They are best friends. Micah looks up to Hunter and is his little shadow. They are like two peas in a pod, Donny and Marie, Bert and Ernie, or Milli and Vanilli! This is what they did today, while I was busy doing other things:
1) Micah stripped to his underwear and danced around. This kid does not like to be clothed.
2) They took the dog leash, which is one of those retractable ones that can get really long, and wrapped it around the legs of the highchair, legs of a kitchen chair, and the chair that goes to the computer desk. This took me about 15 minutes to untangle.
3) They played with Wynter's Nintendo DS. Enough said.

Now, for the oldest, Mark. He is 15 and thinks he knows all he needs to know. School is stupid. Chores are gay. Life is not fair. But, other than that, he's pretty fun to be around. He is 6' 2" now, and frankly, it's frightening. He was so excited the day that he realized he could see the top of my head, including all of my gray hairs. He still gives me hugs and says "I love you." I try to think of that during those times I want to wring his neck. I almost did that when he put Micah(who, you remember, was stripped down to his underwear) out on the porch and shut the door!


Tonight, he was delaying, and stalling, and putting off going to bed. He thinks he can charm himself out of having to go sleep for the night. "Mark! Get to bed!", I say. He starts talking to me about this or that. "Mark! Seriously!", I say. "But I want to talk to you.", he says. He leans against the wall, and there's this little creaking noise. He says, "My muscles are so big, they will put a hole in this wall." Ha Ha Haaaaaaa Ha ha ha....I laugh hysterically and thank him for giving me material for my blog. Then he says, very seriously, "I'm never going to talk to you again!" Then he went to bed. Wow, this blog is really coming in handy!

And, there's Lincoln. He is so sweet. He is now at the phase where he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. He'll be crawling soon! He's growing up so fast! We also set up his crib today. Until now, he's been sleeping in a little, portable crib. I set him in it, as Micah and Hunter watched. Lincoln just giggled and giggled. He seemed to love it. Then Micah says "Now we have to have another baby for this empty bed!" HAAAAAA HAAAAA!! Kids say the funniest things!


I love my boys. They wrestle, they get dirty, they (Hunter and Micah) don't always aim correctly while peeing, they (Mark) hate school and life, but life would not be the same without them. Cynthia

5 comments:

  1. Thanks. You're killing me with your posts. We definitely have to do lunch sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I felt like I was reading about my boys. lol I need to fix my blog. It ended up exploding on me, and I haven't fixed it yet. I haven't blogged in so long. I think, in a way, FB has taken the place of my blog. But...hopefully...one of these days I'll get back into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is such a fun read. I agree -- boys give us great material just by being boys. Love the baby's picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your blog! Your way of writing about everything makes me laugh and smile. Its just fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm being introduced to a whole new side of you. I've always known you were special. We're grateful that you & John found each other. Your blog is a hoot. Thanks for this bright spot in my life and thanks so much for being you!!! I look forward to checking in every day.

    ReplyDelete