Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things That Never Last At Our House

1. Milk. We go through at least 1 gallon of milk per day. That's 7 per week and 356 per year. Wow.
2. Bread. We go through 2 loaves of bread per day. Micah and Hunter love "peanut butter and honey and straight-cut sandwiches."
3. Toilet paper. I don't know how much we use per day. Probably 1 roll. We buy those huge packages from Wallie World (aka Walmart) and that seems to last about 1 month.
4. Peanut butter. See #2.
5. Honey. Again, see #2.
6. Paper. I am constantly buying copy or computer paper. I also stock up on notebooks when you can get them at Wallie World for 5 cents a piece. My kids love to draw, and draw, and draw, and draw and write stories.
7. Diet Coke. I drink at least a 2 liter bottle per day. I know, it has already been established that I have a problem.
8. Quiet. It is quiet between the hours of 10pm and 6:30am only. This is probably why I stay up late, you know, so I can hear myself think.
9. Boredom. With so many of us, you can't stay bored for long. It's fun here. I think I'll stay.
10. Anger. Thanks to a wonderful example in my husband, no one stays mad for long. He is quick to apologize and so, we are too. There's a lot of love here. Love crowds out anger.

Cynthia

7 comments:

  1. #11. Cereal. See number one. Especially the good kinds. Even those huge 40 ouncers of malt-o-meal ones.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that sanity wasn't on your list. I'm glad it stays around for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you didn't list - a clean or cleared floor. It only takes one kid, let alone six, that a clean cleared floor is quickly cluttered with something spilled on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, when did you get a blog? Where have I been! I'm going to add you, but that will have to wait...I'm at the library and they are closing right now. I'll add you soon, though and then go through your blog and make lots of obnoxious comments. hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yogurt seems to be one that never lasts at my house, along with fruit snacks. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love comments. Thanks everyone. Yogurt goes quickly around here, too. Especially Key Lime Yogurt!

    ReplyDelete