Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Is A Special Day

Today's been pretty great. When Lincoln woke up at 6am, John got up with him and I slept until 11am. Wow, that was wonderful. Thanks, hun! I returned the favor and he had a nap...then our day got pretty busy.

We went out on a date to Subway and then to Walmart (I don't suggest going to Walmart on a Saturday). The weather was wonderful today and so we decided that a BBQ was in order. We got all we needed for the BBQ, plus milk (we always need milk), diapers (we always need diapers) and wipes (we always need wipes).

Both Mark and Savannah had been hanging out with friends today but both came home so John and I could go on our date. As soon as we got home, however, the friends all seemed to reappear. Ugggg. But, maybe because of the extra sleep I had, I was in a nice and pleasant mood. So I decided that Mark and Savannah could have their friends over for dinner. We put those kids to work. Some cleaned up in the backyard, others sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, or sliced avocado and others cleaned the table outside.

John grilled hot dogs (all beef angus, yum), turkey burgers/regular burgers and bacon on the BBQ. All six of our kids, John and I, and four friends, gathered outside. It was noisy, chaotic, and a lot of fun. Dinner was delicious (thanks, hun)! I felt such happiness as my kids had fun and we enjoyed the nice weather.

Mark and Savannah took off with their friends after dinner and John and I enjoyed "Family Movie Night" with the "little ones", as we call them. Four kids is much quieter than six. And different. They are all so sweet and think that John and I can do no wrong, whereas Mark and Savannah know the truth...that we are not perfect. (You can only keep kids in the dark about this for so long).

They day is winding down and the "little ones" are headed to bed. I will be enjoying some much needed alone time with John. Saturdays are usually busy like this and I never get ready for Sunday, as the primary song suggests. My house is seriously messy (don't come over unannounced, please). The sink is full of dishes, the laundry is not done, and there are toys strewn all about. But I still feel today was a success.

Saturday's Dinner

Hot dogs, burgers (beef and turkey frozen patties) cooked on the BBQ
Buns
Condiments and toppings: lettuce, tomato, avocado, relish, pickles, banana peppers, sliced pineapple, ketchup, mustard, cheese, bacon
Grapes
Cheetos

2 comments:

  1. It really was a lot of fun. 3 teenage girls and 3 teenage boys chasing each other around and up in the treehouse on the trampoline and then it even morphed into an all out "who's got my shoes" all around our whole block. First time I've ever grilled bacon, that was interesting. Posted by John.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously going to try grilling bacon. That sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete