Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hun!


Today is my husband's birthday! He is now 36, just like me! I love it when we are the same age, even if it only lasts about 4 months.

Birthdays for John are pretty easy. Just give the man a homemade pumpkin pie and he is happy. He insists on no presents (which is hard for me to oblige), because the sweet guy wants that money to go towards Mark's birthday which is in about a week and a half.

I just want to take this opportunity on this special day to say how much I love my husband. He is my all time favorite person. He is so layed back, which balances out my worried/sometimes pessimistic personality. Honestly, sometimes it irritates the heck out of me how layed back he can be, but really, it has been a blessing.

I appreciate how much he listens to my ranting without offering a solution. He is so much fun to be around and makes me laugh daily. I love how he watches chick flicks with me, helps out with the laundry, wrestles with the kids, works so hard to provide for us, plays with the baby, and cooks on the weekend.

Over 10 years ago, we met and then 6 weeks later we married. Sometimes I think that is the craziest thing I've ever done, but I don't regret it. The day he proposed, he had the ring in his pocket -having just picked it up from the jewelers. His plan was to propose the next day, but that ring was burning a hole in his pocket. On our way home from visiting with his sister and her family, and his parents, he pulled over on the side of an off-ramp and proposed. Maybe not the most romantic setting, but I found it so sweet that he just couldn't wait! He asked me if I would spend eternity with a humble friend like him. Of course, I said yes and I'm so glad I did. He is my best friend and my eternal companion.



The day we were sealed in the Las Vegas Temple...a very good day!






I love you, Hun! Happy Birthday!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your husband.. He sounds like a great man. I was proposed on the side of the road too. Dan asked if i would get him some floss out of the glove compartment and instead there was a ring box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you have a wonderful man.
    On a side note, Matt proposed to me in the parking lot of a restaurant after we had dinner there. Why not IN the restaurant? I'll never know. He probably didn't want to draw attention to himself. Oh well -- obviously I still said yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meaning of the name John -- "God is Gracious" and that is exactly how we felt when this, our last son, was born. He's also named after a great grandfather who traveled across the plains in the Martin Handcart Company. He's always been kind and loving. We are grateful to have him in our family and especially grateful that he chose you, Cynthia, to be his eternal companion. Happy birthday, John!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe how sweet. What a tribute to a great guy! I wish I have what you have. I guess each of us have it in some degree and others in other degrees. That is totally awesome! Thanks for showing me a great example to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind words. And thank you for the pumpkin pie. I had a great day! And thanks to my kids for the drawings and kind words, and to Savi for the sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe! I love hearing love stories. Happy bday UJ!

    ReplyDelete