Monday, May 31, 2010

Mark Is 16 Today!

Wow, I know it is cliche to say it, but time has flown. I can't believe that Mark is 16 today. When Mark was born, I exclaimed, "My baby, my baby, this is my baby!" I was so happy. I felt such joy.

Mark was a difficult baby. He had colic for the first few months of his life. We were both in tears quite often. But, he sure turned out to being such a friendly and fun toddler. When Savannah was born, I was single and living with my mom, who was also single. My sister was also still living at home. Mark was the man of the house with the four of us girls (poor guy), but he killed spiders and "protected" us girls as best he could.

Mark would stand up on the deck in the front yard and look over the fence. He would wave and chat with anyone who would walk by. It's amazing to me that he was like that because now he is so shy! People were so enamored by his blond hair, his bright blue eyes and his sweet smile.

Mark has always been very talkative with me, telling me very detailed and long stories. He has a very vivid imagination as well. He's also a very talented artist. I am so impressed with his abilities to draw and create. He not only creates pictures, but he writes stories, too.

I feel a deep and strong connection to Mark. When I was a single Mom, it was just he and I until Savannah was born. He used to snuggle with me at night and I'd read to him, book after book after book. We went to the park, went for walks, and spent so much time together.

When Savannah was born, he loved her so much. He was such a good little helper. He is very good with all of his siblings. He's not a diaper changer, but he loves to tickle and play with them. He and Savannah are very close. Hours after they are supposed to be in bed asleep, I will find them talking in Savannah's room.

Mark is a great son. He has his moments, but mostly he is very helpful and has a happy disposition. I am pleased with his accomplishments. But, more so, I am pleased with who he is. He is kind, funny, smart, creative, thoughtful, and he has a testimony of the gospel.

Mark, I love you!! Happy Birthday!























Self Portrait

3 comments:

  1. What a guy! We enjoyed having you stay with us at Warm Springs. We love you and are "well pleased" with your "becoming." Keep up the good work(s). We enjoy your artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! 16 is a super exciting age. Live it up and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention how much we enjoyed the picture gallery. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete