Monday, July 19, 2010

Mom-Speak Decoded

"Do you know what time it is?" means..."I know what time it is and it's not early!"

"I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed." means..."I'm angry AND disappointed."

"Why? Because I said so!" means..."I have no idea why."

"If all your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you do it too?" means..."I'm becoming my mother and it's all your fault!"

"Go ask your father!" means..."Could you pick on someone else for a while?"

"Maybe." means..."I'm too lazy/distracted/tired/frustrated to answer that question right now."

"Maybe tomorrow." means..."Hopefully you'll forget this question by tomorrow."

"What are you doing?" means "I know exactly what you're doing, but I just need a minute so I don't kill you."

"Just a minute." means..."Eventually."

"I love you!" means... "I love you!"

2 comments:

  1. Aha! Great moms think alike! I say all of those things but never put much thought into WHY I say them. Thanks for translating for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't let the kids read this!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete