Monday, December 6, 2010

Hard lessons

I've learned some hard lessons lately. During this time, it has helped tremendously to talk things out with my husband, write in a personal journal and talk to my Heavenly Father. My heart is still sad, but I have come to the point of acceptance, even if I don't fully understand.

1. No matter how much people in the church are back-biting, snobby, or judgemental...the church is still true. Not participating fully in the church only hurts me and my family.

2. Cliques even exist in families. Go figure.

3. Paying tithing doesn't magically make money appear in the mailbox to cover this bill or that...like so many say it does. What it does is it makes us more financially aware and more accountable...therefore we're able to make ends meet better. It works.

4. The grass isn't greener on the other side.

5. Sometimes friendships that have lasted for over 25 years need to come to an end.

6. No matter how much I teach my children to do good...they have their agency and sometimes have to learn the hard way.

7. Men don't need to be an Eagle scout in order to enter the celestial kingdom.

8. Nothing is as heart-breakingly difficult, yet rewarding and joyful as being a mother.

9. Sometimes the only way through, is through!

10. Being happy is a choice...albeit a hard choice at times.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. Some of my hardest lessons I have had to re-learn and re-learn because I guesss I just don't completely get it.
    Oh, this refining process!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and it's something I needed to hear as well and so true in many ways. We have alot more incommon then you would think. Hang in there, life is hard, being a mother is even harder, but it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered that you started blogging again! I'm really glad. I know how crazy life can get, but I enjoy your writing a lot. You have a real talent for it. (And I spend (waste?) a LOT of time reading blogs. Seriously, you are a very talented writer.)

    #7 made me laugh. It was a hard lesson for my father to learn, but he managed to learn it before hurting his relationship with my brother. So that was good.

    And #9 has been my mantra for the last six weeks. Sometimes I'm just slogging through.

    ReplyDelete