Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Be Quiet!


In Titus 2:5 it says that women should be discreet. I looked up discreet in the dictionary and it means to be careful about what one says or does. Then in Alma 7:23, we are counseled to be easily entreated. This means to be approachable, accessible, and to listen. These 2 scriptures helped me realize that I need to be quiet and listen more.

Sometimes I come away from a conversation and I have a sinking feeling because I know I talked too much and perhaps even dominated the conversation. I also know that at times I SAY too much. I give too much information. I am learning that just because I think something doesn't mean I need to say it. I am trying to be more thoughtful about what I say. I also just need to BE QUIET!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, please do not be too quiet here. We love your blog. Talk (or write) all you want. You are helpful to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one do not think you talk to much. I love talking with you. I have never walked away feeling that you have talked to much to me. I understand what your saying though. I need to listen more my self to the still small voice. Be more approachable and more less stop and wait for the lord to speak to me. Thanks for your posts I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts! Thanks for sharing your insights. They're helping me learn more about myself.

    It's taken me a long time to understand the second great commandment, "Love thy neighbor as thyself." If I don't learn to love myself (as a daughter of God and not thinking I'm better than others), how can I love my neighbor?

    Now maybe I'm saying too much.

    ReplyDelete