Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time to Play Catch Up

Well, howdy-doo! It's been awhile.

NEW WINDOWS!!

About 2 weeks ago, the weatherization people came and replaced our windows! Yahoo! The windows on the bottom floor had been replaced right before we moved into our house, but the windows on the top floor were very old. Most of them we couldn't open, either because of age or because they had been painted shut! They didn't replace the front window because it's a picture window that doesn't open. We'll have to replace that one on our own if we want to. It is so nice to be able to open the kitchen windows while I'm making dinner...it can get pretty roasty in there! And I can also open the windows just above the trampoline so I can CLEARLY hear the fighting going on out there.

They also drilled holes on the outside of our house and put insulation in the walls. There was zero insulation in the original part of the house! Only the add on had insulation. Amazing! We're looking forward to an improvement in our heating/cooling bills! You can see some of the holes in one of the pictures posted below.


In another photo I've posted below, you'll notice the garage has been boarded over. That will be Mark's room. John's been working hard on it and we're all anxious to have it done so we can do some bedroom rearranging.

Our House


A New Window Up Close...notice the holes underneath


Our Old Windows




LINCOLN

Since Micah and Lincoln are nearly 5 years apart, I had forgotten what having a baby around is like! Now that he is mobile, he is a lot of work! The safety plugs have gone in the outlets, and the cupboard under the kitchen sink is locked up! I usually block the doorway to the tv room with the ottoman so he's trapped in there, but that isn't working so much anymore! He wants to be wherever we are. So now, he's got free roaming privileges!

When Lincoln is roaming we have to hit 5 major points:

1. Is the bathroom door shut?
2. Is the door at the top of the stairs shut?
3. Is the kitchen floor swept?
4. Are little things (legos, marbles, rubberbands, etc. etc.) picked up off of the floor?
5. Are the garbage and recycling cans secure?

Check, check, check, check and check...okay, he's free to go!

It's a lot of fun to watch him crawl around. He also pulls himself up now, so things on the desk are not safe. I had to clear that off the other day. We're learning as we go. I think he'll be a lot like Wynter (heaven help us). I believe he'll be walking before his first birthday.

Lincoln's latest discovery...the box of tissue.





He also loves to be outside on the trampoline...supervised, of course.

Don't let that scowl fool you...he loves being on the tramp.





LIFE

Let's face it, sometimes life sucks. I've been dealing with depression lately...nothing new. Life post-partum is always tough for me. Add to that my Dad's suicide and the after math of that, financial worries, and worries about my oldest child and you've got me, nearly unable to cope with life. The principles in the 12 step program have been helping, as well as some medication and a helpful husband. This past weekend, I believe he did 10 or more loads of laundry, several loads of dishes and took me out a couple of times. He really doesn't know what to SAY to me right now, but he sure is DOING a lot. And that has eased my burdens.

John is in the process of looking for a 2nd job. He used to work up to 30 hours overtime each week, but those hours were cut nearly 6 months ago. We've been getting by on savings but, the funds have run out. It's scary, but I know something will pan out. I'm so grateful to have a husband who has never asked me to get a job. He wants me home with our children and so do I. What a huge responsibility he has and he does it well. He's always taken care of us and I know that our family will be blessed and we'll get through this rough patch.

2 comments:

  1. Life - Not to get preachy, but our Financial Rule #1: Always pay tithing first. The blessings don't always appear financially but the windows of heaven truly overflow.
    Lincoln - Another Wynter! Oh, my. Don't let him get near the bunk bed!!!
    New Windows - I'm so jealous. We are thinking about replacing ours so we can get the rebate $. Maybe when we install our FRONT DOOR this spring.

    We're still planning on lunch Friday April 9th, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were impressed with the new windows and Mark's bedroom-to-be.

    We loved the hugs from the kids and John and very much missed seeing you.

    We'll be coming to Utah County again on April 2, 3 and 4 for a Canada missionary reunion. Hope to see you then. Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete