Monday, August 16, 2010

The Count Down Begins

Eight days left until school starts. I'm happy and sad about it. This week will be a hustle and bustle of final preparation for school. Mark will be in 11th, Savannah in 8th, Wynter in 4th, Hunter in 2nd and Micah in Kindergarten. I hope it's a great school year!

This year I want to stay on top of the kids to stay on top of their homework. That was a bit of a problem last year. I will also be keeping track of their grades, etc. on the Nebo website. I also have a goal to walk my 3 youngest to school (Hunter and Wynter in the am and Micah in the afternoon for pm kindergarten) as well as walk to pick them up. That would be 3 round trips daily to the school for a total of 45 minutes of walking.

I've got 5 kids in 3 different schools. Uggg. It can be daunting to keep track of everything and everyone, but I am going to put phone numbers for the schools, teachers names and school times on one sheet of paper that I put in the kitchen. All three schools begin and end at different times!

Everyone is excited to get back to school except for Mark. I will miss them all being home, but I look forward to having a more predictable schedule and having a little peace and quiet each day (except that Lincoln isn't the quietest child, but he still takes naps).

Here's to a great school year...2010/2011!

2 comments:

  1. Having kids in three different schools was the busiest time for me. It is hard. Good luck and have a great school year. My baby is a senior this year and then they will all be in college. Kind of a sad phase in my life. I plan on enjoying this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize my kids are in all the same grades as yours except for my oldest, who is a sophomore rather than a junior. They start this week -- the girls on Wed and the boys on Thursday.
    I hope you enjoy all the excitement leading up to the start of school. I'm sure it will be nice to have a few hours of quiet everyday! (I'm the crazy momma who's homeschooling the 4 girls this year. No p & q here!)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete